Fort St. Louis
Fort St. Louis, which overlooks the town of Marigot on the French side of St. Martin is the largest historical monument on the island. It was originally built in 1767 to protect Marigot from foreign invaders. In 1789, it was briefly occupied by the Dutch. Currently the Fort remains a key cultural and historical attraction and is open to the public. The beautiful remains of the fort include original cannons, and the views from the fort are fantastic in all directions.
The photos below were taken when Les Fruits de Mer explored Fort St. Louis in February of 2008.
[tiltviewer=flickr width=”500″ height=”500″ flickrtags=”fortlouis”]